GSMA calls for Indian spectrum reserve cuts

first_img Related Tags Author Tim Ferguson AddThis Sharing ButtonsShare to LinkedInLinkedInLinkedInShare to TwitterTwitterTwitterShare to FacebookFacebookFacebookShare to MoreAddThisMore 25 MAR 2013 Home GSMA calls for Indian spectrum reserve cuts GSMA lays out plan for MWC21 Previous ArticleVodafone’s 2G extension plans blocked in IndiaNext ArticleReport: Canada’s Wind Mobile up for sale Tim joined Mobile World Live in August 2011 and works across all channels, with a particular focus on apps. He came to the GSMA with five years of tech journalism experience, having started his career as a reporter… More Read more La GSMA reclama el uso de la banda de 6 GHz para la 5G GSMA director general Anne Bouverot called for the Indian government to “focus on the longer term” in setting reserve prices for spectrum rather than seeing it as “a means to raise short-term revenues”.Bouverot said that the lack of bidders for 900MHz and 1800MHz spectrum, and the single bidder in the 800MHz auction earlier this month, is “a clear signal that mobile operators are not willing to pay unreasonably high prices for spectrum”.With new auctions for the three spectrum bands due to take place later this month, Bouverot reiterated the GSMA’s call for the Indian government to create “a healthy business environment where the mobile industry can invest with confidence”.Noting that the acquisition of spectrum is merely the first step before investment is made into networks, Bouverot said that unreasonably high reserve prices leads to unsold spectrum, delays in the introduction of services and an increase in consumer tariffs.“We call on the Indian Government to restore a sustainable environment for investment in telecoms and continue the success story of mobile, which has already had a transformative impact on the country’s society and economy over the past decade,” Bouverot said. GSMA seeks 6GHz boost for 5G Anne BouverotGSMAIndianRegulatorylast_img read more

Gophers making strong showing in Tulsa

first_imgGophers making strong showing in TulsaOctober 5, 2008Jump to CommentsShare on FacebookShare on TwitterShare via EmailPrintSophomore Sebastian Gallego is making his mark at the prestigious ITA All-American Invitational in Tulsa, Okla. Over the weekend, Gallego had beat out opponents from Oral Roberts and Florida before losing to Jorge Vazquez of Memphis on Sunday afternoon. But Gallego caught a break after hearing of a drop in the tournament; this landed him a spot in the qualifier level of play. Junior Dino Bilankov also defeated two opponents over the weekend in the singles pre-qualifier level. He looked bound to join his teammate in the qualifiers before falling to Matt Brewer of Tennessee in the third round of play. Despite BilankovâÄôs hopes of competing in the main draw of the ITA, he has been realistic and reasonable about his ITA debut. âÄúItâÄôs a great accomplishment to even compete in this tournamen t,âÄù he said. Sophomore Tobias Wernet joins his Gophers teammates today in Tulsa, playing his first singles match this morning against an opponent yet to be determined. The path to the main draw of the ITA might be a little less rocky for Tobias, as he has already been placed in the qualifier level of play. Gallego and Bilankov were also placed in the qualifiers of the ITA, but this time together playing doubles. Both played doubles together last year, going 10-19 overall. They will start competition against the team of Joe Koebele and Carlo Pangilinan of Drexel on Tuesday. Doubles, coach Geoff Young stressed, is what will make the team successful this year. âÄúThey need to make a big jump in doubles,âÄù Young said. The ITA seems to be the right place for the experienced team of Gallego and Bilankov to make this jump and improve upon past struggles. This is all to be seen for Minnesota, as they still have a week in Tulsa.last_img read more

Risks of Labour’s Right to Buy plan outweigh the benefits

first_imgWould you like to read more?Register for free to finish this article.Sign up now for the following benefits:Four FREE articles of your choice per monthBreaking news, comment and analysis from industry experts as it happensChoose from our portfolio of email newsletters To access this article REGISTER NOWWould you like print copies, app and digital replica access too? SUBSCRIBE for as little as £5 per week.last_img

F1 bracing for first positive coronavirus test after incredible 10,000 negative during Austrian Grand Prix

first_img Rebekah Vardy scores an impressive penalty in six-inch heels Source: Motorsport – thesun.co.uk What’s This “Trick” Called? Comment Down Below!! Top 5 Best Budget Hotels In Dubai under AED 400 a night. Amazing movies best funny animals FORMULA ONE chiefs are bracing themselves for their first positive coronavirus test since the season started.The sport was forced to cancel the season-opener in March when McLaren pulled out of the Australian GP when a member of staff tested positive for COVID-19.Formula One chiefs are preparing themselves for their first positive coronavirus testIt triggered the collapse of the race in Melbourne and F1 was forced to rip up the calendar in the wake of the global pandemic.An ambitious plan to host two races in Austria has so far worked thanks to a vigorous testing process.So far, in over 10,000 tests there have been zero positive results, however, the latest 5,000 samples are currently being tested ahead of the Hungarian GP this weekend.F1 MD, Ross Brawn said: “I’m delighted that we have got the Formula One season going with two cracking Grand Prix.“I’d like to give a big thanks to and compliment all the people involved in getting us here. Everybody in F1 has been involved in getting us here, as you need every person to behave responsibly.“It’s astonishing we have managed to get through the whole weekend, for the second successive time, without a clean bill of negative tests. “There will be positive tests, I’m sure of it. When we do get those positive tests, we have to make sure we deal with them in the correct and proper fashion to minimise the impact they have on F1.“It’s been a fantastic start. Everyone is so pleased and relieved that we have got the season going.“Given the pandemic has affected countries in different ways, we have to be flexible during the next six months, but we have a reasonable programme ahead of us and from the example of the first two races, we can have a fantastically exciting grand prix season.”Brawns’ words come after strict new measures were slapped on Brits by the Hungarian government ahead of this weekend’s race in the capital city, Budapest.Brits face prison or a whopping €15,000 fine if they are caught in public and not on their way to their hotel or the F1 race track.F1 teams bulked at the draconian measures and have been forced to tell their team members that they MUST not leave their hotels when not at the circuit.Many have now delayed plans to arrive early in Budapest and will instead remain in Austria before travelling across the border at the last minute.It is understood that advance parties of F1 personnel have been ordered to wait for their latest COVID results before even approaching the border.Lewis Hamilton and other F1 drivers ‘take a knee’ in support of BLM at Austrian opener center_img Travel Diary // Vietnam 2017 People Slammed By Massive Waves 4 Real or Fake? Shark Attacks Helicopter 10 INCREDIBLE Space Launch Failures!last_img read more