NewsWest New York Crime RELATED ARTICLESMORE FROM AUTHOR Bayonne man pepper sprayed, arrested after punching cop in the face, authorities say Crissmarie Sevilla, a first grader at Public School No. 1 in West New York, died late this morning after a battle with terminal pediatric brain cancer, Superintendent of Schools John Fauta told Hudson County View. She was just seven years old.Â “The district raised over $20,000 on her behalf, everyone really rallied behind her in support of the family. And I was very taken, very sad, when I saw her in the hospital a few weeks ago,” Fauta said over the phone.In five weeks, friends, family and members of community came together to raise an incredible $26,193 for Sevilla via a GoFundMe page, which is still active.“Tomorrow, all counselors and social workers will be going over to No. 1 School to provide therapy to any of her classmates who need comfort during this difficult time.”At West New York’s International Women’s Day event at Son Cubano last month, Jennifer Grom, Sevilla’s teacher, talked about how important, and successful, the town’s efforts to help this family have been.[fve]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rwnp7ynPAQg[/fve] Comments are closed. April 21, 2015 6:44 pm at 6:44 pm Denisse Carrasco Good Evening, I am Crissmarie’s aunt and would like to inform you of the arrangements.Please no photography inside the Funeral Home.The Carrasco-Sevilla Family will have, Our Warrior Princess, Crissmarie Isabel Sevilla-Carrasco’s viewing on BOTH Thursday, April 23rd from 4-10pm and Friday, April 24th from 4-10pm at Jorge Rivera Funeral Home located at 4543 Kennedy Boulevard, North Bergen, NJ 07047. Mass will be on Saturday, April 25th at 9:15am at St. Joseph of the Palisades located at 6401 Palisade Avenue, West New York, NJ followed by her burial at Fairview Cemetary located at 500 Fairview Avenue, Fairview, NJ 07022. News Facebook Twitter Police: 45-year-old man arrested for attempting to have sex with 15-year-old girl in Secaucus Denisse Carrasco Ex-North Bergen DPW supervisor loses appeal to overturn corruption conviction Bayonne Previous articleDemetrius Terry talks Ward A accountability, council run & LD-31 Assembly raceNext articleLETTER: ‘Put an end to politics in the school system,’ Larry Wainstein says John Heinis SHARE By John Heinis – April 20, 2015 5:45 pm 4 4 COMMENTS April 21, 2015 10:38 am at 10:38 am Share on Facebook Tweet on Twitter April 21, 2015 7:59 am at 7:59 am Michael Carrasco â¤ï¸ I love you CrissMarie !! You will be in our hearts and soul with you as an angel I will always feel protected now forever & ever you would never be forgot since I have your heart & you have mines !! Clairissa Carrasco April 21, 2015 9:51 am at 9:51 am West New York first grader Crissmarie Sevilla dies after battle with cancer
ST. PETERSBURG, Fla. (AP) – A Florida firefighter and paramedic who was near the finish line at the Boston Marathon said Tuesday that the scene was chaotic and graphic after two explosions – and he helped triage the injured. James Cunningham said he and his 13-year-old daughter were near the Lenox Hotel and the marathon’s end, waiting for his wife to finish the race. “I went there for a weekend of relaxation and to watch her run,” said the 28-year veteran of the St. Petersburg, Fla., fire department. Cunningham initially thought the first explosion was a transformer or generator problem. He said he and his daughter were shielded by the hotel building, but they soon heard the second explosion even closer to them, around 15 yards away. He told his daughter to stay put at the Lenox Hotel and he began triaging the injured, telling passers-by to apply tourniquets made from T-shirts onto wounds. Smoke hung in the air and people were running every which way. “There was so much chaos,” he said. “It was really graphic as far as the injuries.” Cunningham said he identified himself as a paramedic and explained to non-injured spectators how to help the wounded. Several moments later, Boston paramedics arrived and Cunningham and his daughter left. His wife made it to the 25 1/2th mile and was stopped by race officials. Copyright 2013 The Associated Press.
Cricket England threw away the opportunity to defeat South Africa in the first Twenty20 international, losing a dramatic contest by one run in East London. The tourists needed three from the final delivery of the match, but Adil Rashid could only manage a single. England were cantering to their target of 178 as Jason Roy plundered 70 from 38 balls, only for his dismissal to spark South Africa’s resurgence. Even then, Eoin Morgan’s 52 meant England needed just seven from the final over, yet the brilliant Lungi Ngidi had Tom Curran caught at deep mid-wicket and bowled Moeen Ali. Rashid was asked to be the hero from the only ball he faced, but an inside edge to mid-wicket meant he was run out coming back for a second run which would have forced a super over. It was cruel on Rashid who, along with fellow spinner Moeen, earlier helped England recover from a dreadful start with the ball and in the field to limit South Africa to 177-8 on a superb batting pitch. The second in the three-match series is in Durban on Friday. This is the start of England’s road to the T20 World Cup in Australia in October and November and, unlike the experimental line-up used during the drawn one-day series, captain Morgan has promised his team will be at its strongest throughout these matches. What Morgan saw was a side who began terribly, fought back admirably, gained complete control, then threw it all away. After choosing to field first, the tourists were facing the prospect of an enormous chase as their pace bowlers were flayed, catches went down, the ground fielding was untidy and the sole review wasted. South Africa reached 97-1 from nine overs, only for England to improve to take 7-80 in the final 11 overs and 4-8 in the last two, leaving the Proteas with a total that seemed no better than par. When Roy was in full flow, the chase was set to be complete with time to spare, but he became the first in a string of batsmen to be complicit in their own downfall, coinciding with the excellent death bowling of Ngidi. England first stalled, then panicked, allowing South Africa to steal a game they had almost no right to win. Even as they were carried to the 50-over World Cup by a power-packed batting line-up last July, England were still capable of an aberration, and fell to this defeat in six overs of madness. Roy had taken left-arm spinner JJ Smuts for 22 in a single over on the way to a 22-ball half-century, sharing stands of 72 with Jonny Bairstow and 42 with Morgan. However, he helped an innocuous Beuran Hendricks slower ball to short fine leg, with Joe Denly and Ben Stokes holing out in the next three overs. With 23 needed from 12 balls, Morgan took control. Hendricks was hit for 14 from three deliveries, only for the captain to hit the last ball of the 19th over straight to long-on. England were still favourites, especially when Curran shovelled Ngidi for a couple to make the target five from five. However, he targeted the leg-side fence needlessly and was caught, and Moeen swung, nudged and ultimately missed to be bowled, leaving Rashid a task he was not up to. Though they would later come up short with the bat, off-spinner Moeen and leg-spinner Rashid – who this week each reiterated their unavailability to England’s Test side – once again proved how integral they are to Morgan’s white-ball teams. Using variations of line, length and pace, they returned a combined 2-45 from their eight overs. Even then, the numbers only tell part of the story. Moeen bowled three of his overs in the powerplay, while Rashid was the unfortunate bowler when Roy and Denly each dropped catches. While Moeen and Rashid were twirling away, pace bowlers Curran, Mark Wood and Chris Jordan were being flayed by Temba Bavuma’s 43, and each of Quinton de Kock and Rassie van der Dussen, who both made 31. As usual, it took the arrival of Stokes to inspire England, with the talismanic all-rounder paving the way for Jordan and Wood to make impressive returns. However, it would prove to be not enough. In a game decided by the tightest of margins, England were not only punished for their batting collapse, but also their slow start with the ball and in the field.
Submit GVC absorbs retail shocks as business recalibrates for critical H2 trading August 13, 2020 PBS launches virtual sports solution for SSBTs July 7, 2020 Related Articles UK bookmaker Coral has announced that it has launched Betradar’s Virtual Gaming services through its online and mobile betting channelsBetradar’s suite of Virtual Gaming products include tennis, basketball, horse and dog racing, as well as various football versions that have been adapted to mirror a number of different competition formats, including Football League/Tournament Mode and Euro Cup Mode.Commenting on the new partnership with Betradar, Sportsbook Director at Coral Keith Loughlin said:“Betradar have really impressed us with their rapid growth and continuing innovation across their suite of virtual products, while at the same time remaining fully focused on ensuring the most realistic user experience possible. We are excited to now be able to offer this to our customers”.Betradar Managing Director Virtual Gaming Neale Deeley added: “Coral is a household brand and is widely accepted as one of the best operators in the business. We are delighted that all Coral’s customers will now be able to experience and enjoy our range of virtual sports and competitions.” Share SportCaller teams up with Coral for Racing Super Series launch August 12, 2020 StumbleUpon Share
Walt Disney Pictures(NEW YORK) — Opening nationwide on Friday:* Maleficent: Mistress of Evil — The sequel to the 2014’s Maleficent picks up several years after the first film chronicled the events that drove the notorious Disney villain to curse a baby Princess Aurora. It follows the complex relationship between the two as they form new alliances and face new adversaries. Angelina Jolie and Elle Fanning return as Maleficent and Aurora, respectively. Sam Riley, Imelda Staunton, Juno Temple and Lesley Manville also return to their previous roles. Chiwetel Ejiofor, Ed Skrein and Michelle Pfeiffer join the cast as new characters. Rated PG.* Zombieland: Double Tap — The sequel to the surprise 2009 horror zombie apocalypse comedy finds original cast members Woody Harrelson, Jesse Eisenberg, Abigail Breslin and Emma Stone, who played four strangers that meet on the road during a post-apocalyptic zombie outbreak, contending with newer, more evolved zombies, as well as new human survivors, as they deal with their own shaky relationships. Zoey Deutch, Avan Jogia and Roasario Dawson, Luke Wilson and Thomas Middleditch join the cast for the sequel. Rated R.Opening in limited release on Friday:* Jojo Rabbit — Thor: Ragnarok director Taika Waititi [TIE-ka Wah-TEET-ee] wrote and directed this satire, set in World War II Germany. It follows the titular character, a young German boy in Adolph Hitler’s army, played by newcomer Roman Griffin Davis, whose mother, portrayed by Scarlett Johansson, is hiding a Jewish girl in their home. Aided only by his imaginary friend, in the form of an idiotic version of Hitler, played by Waititi, Jojo must confront his ideology. Rebel Wilson, Stephen Merchant, Alfie Allen and Sam Rockwell also star. Rated PG-13.* The Lighthouse — Willem Dafoe and Robert Pattinson star in this black & white horror film about two keepers of a remote lighthouse who begin to lose their sanity and become threatened by their worst nightmares. Rated R. Copyright © 2019, ABC Audio. All rights reserved.